Translate

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

OH THE AGONY OF IT ALL! WHAT AN AFFLICTION! WILL IT EVER HAPPEN? IS IT THE MIDDLE OF OCTOBER YET? I CAN'T WAIT! I'M TIRED OF WAITING! WILL ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE ME THAT THE ALTAR RAILING WILL ACTUALLY BE INSTALLED?

The altar railing won't arrive for installation until the middle of October, so I am told. My credibility is completely destroyed! But who am I to judge!

I even had a very frustrating dream before I woke up this morning that while I was away from the parish, the railing was installed but in the wrong position and a "rood screen" actually a stark  marble wall was erected on one side of the church hiding the ambo!

6 comments:

rcg said...

Hang the delay I will just heighten the joy when it arrives.

As for the bad dream you were probably just disturbed by traffic noise during your commute.

Anonymous said...

When the rail is finally installed,the rood screen would be the next logical, reasonable step to protect and separate Jesus and His elite associates from the crude peons and peasants in the pews.

I say begin as soon as possible.

George said...

It sounds as if you were in an altered state
or rather , "altared state".

rcg said...

Dang, Anon, does your head spin around when you type this stuff?

Anonymous said...

Well, if our friend Anonymous would like to believe that the Catholic West truly was off its rocker for centuries because it used altar rails, there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Still, such a belief is highly unlikely to me.

Anonymous said...

quic....True or False: The Catholic West also used married priests for centuries.

I guess there's nothing we can do about that either.

Were you really sincere when you called me friend? Sometimes I get the feeling nobody here is my friend....I get so lonely...