Translate

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

PRAY FOR OUR HOLY FATHER, POPE BENEDICT DURING THESE TRYING TIMES FOR HIM!





This is what the pope said at his Wednesday audience today. I copy it from the "Vatican Information Service" who like me, needs a proof reader. Can you detect the Faux Pas in this Vatican Communique? Or is it a Freudian slip? Or one more sign of the incompetence of some who surround the pope?

THE POPE: DESPITE THE WEAKNESS OF MAN, THE LORD WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT HIS CHURCH

Vatican City, 30 May 2012 (VIS) - At the end of today's general audience, the Holy Father made some remarks concerning recent developments in the Vatican.
"The events of recent days involving the Curia and my collaborators have brought sadness to my heart. However, I have never lost my firm certainty that, despite the weakness of man, despite difficulties and trials, the Church is guided by the Holy Spirit and the Lord will ensure she never lacks the help she needs to support her on her journey.
"Nonetheless there has been increasing conjecture, amplified by the communications media, which is entirely gratuitous, goes beyond the facts and presents a completely unrealistic image of the Holy See. Thus, I wish to reiterate my trust and encouragement to my closest collaborators and to all those people who every day, in silent faithlessness and with a spirit of sacrifice, help me carry out my ministry".


Prayer for Pope Benedict XVI:

O God, the Shepherd and Ruler of all Your faithful people, mercifully look upon Your servant Benedict XVI, whom You have chosen as the chief Shepherd to preside over Your Church. We beg You to help him edify, both by word and example, those over whom he has charge, that he may reach everlasting life together with the flock entrusted to him. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"silent faithlessness"

Well, why not tell it like it is?

But the real question may be whether all this is a desparate attempt to derail (by fomenting chaos) the SSPX regularization, by those who want to block any encouragement of the TLM and the faithful it represents.

Vonny Von said...

well, I have read some article, is it Cardinal Bertone?

Carol H. said...

On RorateCaeli, the corrected translation is "with fidelity", but I am not clear on if it was the VIS or Rorate who made the correction.

The "faithless" translation felt like a silent plee for the prayers of all those who have ears to hear. I am going to set aside a special time to pray for the Pope beginning today. It is my hope that others will do the same.

Would it be possible, Father, to plan a special Eucharistic Holy Hour for our parish, sometime in the future, in honor and support of the Pope? I think it would be a real blessing for everybody.

Anonymous said...

Vonito,
The Philippines sorely needs more priests.
Wish you all the best in your discernment.
~SL

Vonny Von said...

SL,

Thank you, and yes the Philippines do need more priests...

ytc said...

Fathers, perhaps you could say Mass(es) for him.