Translate

Thursday, May 6, 2010

THE FULLY LOADED MASS WITH A CARDINAL

I just came across this video on the EF Mass celebrated in Rome recently. What I love about it the most is the commentator speaking in Italian. He must be from Tuscano because I can understand his Italian very well. I grew up in the south hearing only my mother and her Italian friends speaking Italian. I seldom heard men speaking it. Therefore I understand women speaking Italian better then men speaking Italian. Men speak it fast and seem to speak as though they have food in their mouths. But not this commentator. I understood almost every word. I love Italian, it is such a beautiful language! Now, why can I understand it so well, but speak it so poorly, although I can get by! I need a psycholinguist to help me understand how one brain can handle more than one language and understand one better than speak it.

No comments: