Translate

Saturday, April 17, 2010

TU ES PETRUS! FEED MY SHEEP!

On Friday, Pope Benedict turned 83! Happy Birthday Holy Father! Saturday and Sunday His Holiness visits Malta to "Feed my Sheep!" On Monday the Holy Father celebrates his fifth anniversary as the Successor of St. Peter. The Holy Father is not an evil man as the main stream media would have us believe and many dissident special interest groups in the Church would have us believe. And the Church which the Lord has mandated the Holy Father to feed is not an evil institution. All of us including the institution of the papacy, the priesthood, and the laity are intrinsically good! To attack "Peter" is to attack the "Church." The Church is you and me, clergy and laity, with Christ as our Head. We are the Body of Christ. The Holy Father represents that sacred reality as the Vicar of Christ. To attack Him is to attack Christ! Please enjoy the videos below the Gospel passage which is taken from this Sunday's Mass, year C. Ad Multos Annos, Holy Father!

When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter,
“Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?”
Simon Peter answered him, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said to him, “Feed my lambs.”
He then said to Simon Peter a second time,
“Simon, son of John, do you love me?”
Simon Peter answered him, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said to him, “Tend my sheep.”
Jesus said to him the third time,
“Simon, son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was distressed that Jesus had said to him a third time,
“Do you love me?” and he said to him,
“Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.
Amen, amen, I say to you, when you were younger,
you used to dress yourself and go where you wanted;
but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands,
and someone else will dress you
and lead you where you do not want to go.”
He said this signifying by what kind of death he would glorify God.
And when he had said this, he said to him, “Follow me.”




And finally, to end on a lighter, photo shopped image!

No comments: