Translate

Friday, April 2, 2010

GOOD FRIDAY, A DAY OF FAST AND ABSTINENCE

Today is Good Friday. St. Joseph Church in Macon, Georgia will celebrate the Stations of the Cross at 12:10 PM and again at 3:00 PM. Confessions will be heard after both sets of Stations.

At 7:00 PM, the main Liturgy for Good Friday, The Passion of the Lord, will be celebrated. This includes the reading of the Passion from St. John's Gospel, the procession with and veneration of the Holy Cross and Holy Communion, pre-sanctified at Holy Thursday's Evening Mass of the Lord's Supper.

Today, Good Friday is a day of fast and abstinence. Penalties for breaking this Holy Day fast and abstinence are below.




My pet sharks are waiting to pounce and consume anyone who breaks the Good Friday Fast, meaning, two smaller snacks that combined do not equal a full meal and one main meal and no eating between meals. Of course, no meat or meat products. My friends below are not bound by Church law on Good Friday, and they are watching to see who breaks Church law and will attack. Technically, though, you could consume them before they consume you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time I want to eat, I see those sharks coming at me and suddenly it's easier not to eat.
I chuckle at the images of the sharks as I resist the urge to eat.